Friday, January 30, 2009

We've made it through January!

Hi, Parents,
My name is Gail Cuzzone, and I am the substitute teacher for Mrs. Tran while she enjoys her new baby. I am thoroughly enjoying working with your children! If you ever need to reach me, feel free to e-mail me at gcuzzone@ccsd66.0rg, or call me here at Ide, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

The first graders have been working on long o sounds in spelling this week, and all did quite well with this. In math, we have been reading charts, and have become especially good at tally charts.

The second graders have reviewed long sounds in their spelling words this week. In math, we have been counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s, and have done a little bit with probability. The kids seem to enjoy the activities that we can do besides our worksheets.

This has been a week for us to get to know each other. I really do enjoy all your children. Thanks to you and Mrs. Tran for trusting me with them!