Monday, January 12, 2009

Week of January 5th- 9th

1st and 2nd Grade Reading and Language Arts

This past week I worked on all school benchmark testing using the Aimsweb program. I helped set new goals for each student in the RTI program. This week I resumed working with my first and second grade Reading and Language Arts groups.

1st Grade Math
We will be completing our work on Chapter 7 shortly which focused on relating addition and subtraction facts. Very soon we will be working on Chapter 8 which looks at sorting and classifying objects based on similar attributes. The chapter also focuses on reading understanding, and using picture graphs.

2nd Grade Math
This past week in Math my students continued to work on subtracting double digits with and without regrouping. The children practiced the strategy of checking the difference of a problem with addition. We also continued to use the strategy of rounding to subtract and mental math. Keep practicing this at home.