Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009

Hi, everybody. This last day of school before spring break is always a fun one. We are ALL ready for whatever spring break brings us, or wherever it takes us!! I just hope it gives us all some sunshine and warmth!

I must mention the 1st graders. Their writing today was the best ever. I am so proud of all of them, and I hope there are some writing papers on refrigerators at home by tonight. The first graders had a tough spelling list this week, but they practiced hard and did fine. We finished a chapter in math on counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s. We'll be ready for a new chapter when we come back in April.

My second graders had some fun in math this week, with solid shapes, and with fractions. Everyone is doing very well. Spelling and writing continue to improve.

I hope everyone has a great vacation. Try to read a book, or two, or even more!

See you all in April.

Mrs. Cuzzone